In the Forbes Journal of Medicine, the articles which have not been published elsewhere, which are not evaluated by the referee and evaluated by the Editorial Board and Advisory Board are printed. All rights of published texts and images belong to the magazine. As the journal is indexed in the Turkish Citation Index, we recommend citations from other national journals (www.atifdizini.com).
According to this, your article's keywords of your article must be selected from the term of Sciences of Turkey (Turkey Science Terms: MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) terms, keywords are the directory containing the Turkish equivalent)
Reviews are accepted by invitation of the editor.
Research articles; These articles are for basic or clinical researches in the field of Medicine and Health Sciences. These articles may include randomized controlled trials, observational studies, descriptive studies, diagnostic accuracy studies, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, non-randomized behavioral and public health intervention trials, experimental animal trials, or any other clinical or experimental study. Such articles should not exceed 3500 words and should be written under ethical rules. Research articles spelling should be as follows: Turkish and English Abstract (should not exceed 250 words), Introduction, Method, Findings, Discussion, Conclusion, and References.
Review: These are the studies in which the discussions and the opinions of the authors/authors are put forward by using national and international literature on current and need-oriented subjects. Such articles should not exceed 5000 words and should be written following ethical rules. The writing order of the review should be as follows: Turkish and English Abstract (maximum 250 words), Introduction, Titles elated to the subject, and References.
Case Report: These are articles on cases that differ in diagnosis, treatment, and care. It should be supported by a sufficient number of photographs. Such articles should not exceed 2000 words and should be written following ethical rules. Case report spelling should be as follows: Turkish and English Abstract (should not exceed 150 words), Introduction, Case Report, Discussion, and References.
Letter to the Editor: A letter can be written to the editor for comments, contributions, criticisms, or experiences and thoughts on a different topic about previously published articles. Such articles should not exceed 1000 words and should be written following ethical rules. The number of references is limited to 5.
The articles that were submitted in the journal should be written in the Microsoft Word program in A4 paper size, 1.5 cm spacing, 12 point font, and Times New Roman font leaving 2.5 cm space on each page. Page numbers must be specified in the bottom right-hand corner starting from the page where the text starts. The research articles and review should not exceed 30 pages, and case reports should not exceed 15 pages.
Articles can be submitted online at http://www.journalagent.com/forbes. The author/authors should fill in the "Copyright Transfer Form" and submit it with the original signature.
The article should contain the following sections:
If the number of authors is 6 or less, all authors are specified.
If the number of authors is more than 6, the first three authors are specified.
If there is editor information:
Chapter in book:
Chapter in translated book:
Electronic report / document:
Reference, Cross-Reference and Citation Control
Scientific research is based on previous works in the scientific field. During the new studies, previous ones are cited and referred to in the context of certain rules. Scientific mistakes made in the studies, whether intentionally or unintentionally, are undermining the reliability of the publication.
Forbes Journal of Medicine considers that the references of the studies which are accepted after the evaluation must be given correctly and completely within the scope of publication ethics. In this context, every work that is accepted is passed from bibliography, cross-reference and citation control by a company which the board finds appropriate. The cost of the control carried out is the responsibility of the author(s).
The bibliography, cross-reference and citation control of accepted studies are conducted in the following steps for full text in Turkish and English:
The procedures and principles of referring in Turkish are valid for Turkish full text and in English for English text.
Layout and Composition Operations
Forbes Journal of Medicine requires formality, readability, and uniformity of prints, with a uniform and complete page layout, in accordance with standards. In this context, a company that is approved by the publishing board arranges the page order and string of the studies completed with their plagiarism control and bibliographic regulation.
Dispatch of DOI Number
Digital Object Identifier (DOI) is a unique access number that allows identification and access of any work published in the electronic environment. It is mandatory to give a DOI number for every work published in Forbes Journal of Medicine or in an early edition. After the acceptance stage, the DOI number is given by the editorial board to the studies which are accepted after plagiarism and bibliographic control and are prepared for printing.
Forbes Journal of Medicine values spreading of current and original information. In this context, studies that are accepted by completing the evaluation phase and completed after the acceptance process are electronically published in early printing. Early issued publications are published with the volume and number of pages that the editorial board considers appropriate and are removed from the early edition. Studies in early printing may not be the latest version to be published in the normal issue. Minor editing can be made on the work to be published as a final version.
Work submitted to Forbes Journal of Medicine should have a clear and understandable language quality appropriate to the rules of the language of the full text language (Turkish and English) and the scientific literature. The work should be written in a clean and fluent language that is free from foreign words. In this context, the fact that studies being redacted before submission for evaluation ensures that the publishing processes are maintained in a healthier way.
Ethical Principles to be Followed by Authors
Authors who submit articles to our journal must strictly abide by the ethical principles stated below.
1. It accepts the principle of compliance with the principles specified in the "Helsinki Declaration", "Good Clinical Practices Guide" and "Good Laboratory Practices Guide" and the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Turkey in all studies involving the "human" element.
2. In researches related to humans, it is obligatory to obtain permission from the Ethics Committee for Clinical Investigations and submit the relevant documentary journal.
3. The authors must state that they have received an informed consent document signed by the relevant ethics committee and those involved in the study in the method section of the articles. If a copy of the approval of the Ethics Committee is not sent to the magazine, the article will not be published.
4. Regardless of the identity of the patient in the case presentations, "Informed Consent" documentation should be obtained from the patients or, where appropriate, the legal representative, and the article should be written in writing under the title of the case presentation. The "Informed volunteer" document must be sent to the journal from the patient or legal representative.
5. Conflicts of Interest: Authors should report conflicts of interest (if any) about their articles. If the article includes direct or indirect commercial relation (such as recruitment, direct payments, having stocks, company consultancy, patent licensing adjustments, or service fee) or an institution that provides financial support for the trial, the authors have to state that the article does not have any commercial relationship with the commercial product used, drug, company, etc. and, if the otherwise is present, then they have to state the nature of relationships in the cover letter as well as under the title of “Conflict of interest” before References section of the article.
6. Authoring Contribution: In many written articles, authors' contributions to the research should be presented in an editorial form (within the scope of publication right transfer form), which should be explained and signed, such as idea formation, study design, experimental applications, statistics, writing of the article.
7. Financial support: Financial support for the research, donation, and all other editorials (statistical analysis, English / Turkish assessment) and/or technical assistance must be communicated before the article's resource section. Also, the authors must declare the roles of sponsors in the following areas, (1) design of the employee, (2) data collection, analysis, and interpretation of the results, (3) writing of the report, (4) decision to submit for publication. The articles sent to the journal should be arranged to include the following sections.
PUBLICATION PROCESS CHART
In Forbes Journal of Medicine All articles are reviewed by the chief editor, editor, statistician and at least two referees. Editors investigate the conformity with the formal rules reported in the editorial guidelines before submitting them to the referees. All articles are evaluated with blind referee application. You can find the details of the process on the following chart. click to download folder.